Bethany Community Church is a non-denominational church that was founded in 1916. The purpose of Bethany is to invite people to God, to community and to wholeness.
Bethany is currently focusing on what it means to be a healthy church. Much like a tree, it’s what happens beneath the surface that matters most. Here is a look at four ways we will continue to stay rooted in Christ as we move forward:
- Formation: Shaping our inner character and outer conduct to conform to Christ, as we respond in obedience to God’s revelation and transforming work in us.
- Leadership: Identifying, developing, training and encouraging God’s people to provide principled, Christ-centered leadership both in church and the marketplace.
- Mission: Making the invisible God visible in our community and around the world by embodying the reign of Christ in word and deed.
- Care: Carrying out the one another commands as we love, encourage, and support each other spiritually, emotionally, physically, and materially as the incarnational body of Christ.
“Our desire and commitment is to grow together as a community so that we are increasingly rooted in the life of Christ.”
- Richard Dahlstrom, Senior Pastor
Watch the Roots of Health video here: http://vimeo.com/29386393